Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches
Time: Prep: 25 minutes plus cooling and chilling / Bake: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves: 15
Fall in love with the warmth and coziness of the pumpkin season with our delightful Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches!
View this post on Instagram
In just a few easy steps, you’ll create a dessert that’s perfect for any autumn gathering. This recipe combines the beloved flavors of pumpkin pie spice with the lusciousness of tres leches cake, making it a match made in dessert heaven.
Each velvety forkful of this Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches recipe is a true celebration of autumn’s finest flavors. The moment you take that first bite, the delicate pumpkin pie spice awakens your taste buds, while the three milks infusion ensures a moist, tender crumb. The soft peaks of cream on top add a luxurious, airy finish to this dreamy dessert.
Imagine the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg filling the kitchen as you bake, setting the stage for the rich, spiced indulgence to come. The cake, golden and inviting, emerges from the oven, ready to soak in the sweet embrace of the tres leches mixture.
As you take your first bite, you’ll experience the gentle warmth of pumpkin pie spice dancing with the sweet and creamy blend of condensed milk, evaporated milk, and a hint of dark rum. The chilled, velvety topping, crowned with a sprinkle of extra pumpkin spice, complements the cake’s richness, creating a harmonious balance of flavors and textures.
This Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches is more than a dessert; it’s a heartfelt invitation to savor the season. It’s a reminder that the simple pleasures of fall can be found in the comforting embrace of good company and great food. With every bite, you’ll feel the love and care that went into creating this treat. So, gather your loved ones, and let the flavors of autumn sweep you off your feet with our Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches. It’s a slice of pure fall bliss you won’t want to miss.”
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°; spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs 1 minute; slowly add granulated sugar and beat 2 minutes or until pale yellow and thickened. Add butter and vanilla extract; beat 1 minute or until incorporated. Gently fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared dish; bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in dish on wire rack.
3. With fork, poke holes all over cake. In large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, 1 cup cream and rum. Pour milk mixture over cake; cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or up to overnight.
4. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat powdered sugar and remaining 1 1/2 cups cream 2 minutes or until soft peaks form; spread over cake. Sprinkle cake with pumpkin pie spice, if desired; cut into 15 pieces.