- INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
During a User’s access or use of the Company Website or any other Company Program, the Company may, either directly or by using its Service Providers/Contractors (as defined in Section 3 herein), gather, collect, record, hold, distribute, share, disclose, or otherwise use Personal Information or data about You that You provide to Us, as described in Section 1.1 below, that is automatically collected, as described in Section 1.2 below, or that is collected or received from other sources, as described in Section 1.3 below (hereinafter collectively referred to as the User’s “Personal Information”, subject however, to Section 1.4 herein).
1.1 INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
We collect Personal Information that You provide directly to Us, including without limitation any Personal Information You provide during Your use of the Company Website or any other Company Program. For example, we may collect Personal Information from You if You:
- Provide Us with any data about You through the Company Website or any other Company Program, via telephone, or through an in-store transaction in any of the Vallarta Supermarkets;
- Create an account (including a user name and/or password) with Us;
- Seek, purchase, procure, or otherwise request any of the Company’s goods, products, or services, including without limitation purchasing any products at or from any of the Vallarta Supermarkets (collectively the “products/services”);
- Seek any information about Your purchase, exchange, or return of any of the Company’s products/services.
- Request any customer support;
- Request any exchange or return of any of the Company’s products/services;
- Request, subscribe to, or otherwise choose to receive any information from or about the Company, such as signing up for and receiving any newsletter, e-alert, blogs, or any other information about the Company, Our products/services, events, and/or business partners (collectively referred to as “Newsletters/Blogs”);
- Choose to participate in any of the Company’s contests, loyalty programs, promotions, or sweepstakes (collectively referred to as “Contests/Sweepstakes”);
- Choose to participate in any of the Company’s customer surveys, customer forums or other information gathering activities or events with Our Customers (collectively referred to as “Customer Surveys”);
- Seek to schedule any of your appointments or meetings with the Company;
- Apply for a job or any other position with the Company;
- Choose to participate in or otherwise communicate with the Company via, any social media activities, offerings, or features which may be made available through Your use of any of the Company’s Programs;
- Fill out any other information through any Company Program;
- Communicate with any other representatives of our Company; or
- Otherwise communicate with Us in any other way.
In these instances, the following are the types of Personal Information that may be collected from You:
- Your name;
- Mailing address and/or billing address and/or shipping address;
- E-mail address;
- Phone (or mobile) number;
- Date of birth;
- Account name and/or account password;
- Credit or debit card number, expiration date, security code, and/or other information about the same (if You make a payment either directly to Us or by using a third party payment provider that handles payments and will receive Your payment card information);
- Information about Your bank or checking account (if you make a payment through Your bank transfer);
- Gift card information or related gift information;
- Other information You may provide when You seek, purchase, or otherwise request any of the Company’s products/services, such as the products/services that are purchased, Your product/service parameters or preferences, Your customer comments about the products/services that are purchased, the date of any such purchase of product/services, and/or the invoice information related to any such purchase of products/services;
- Information You provide or otherwise used in the return or exchange of any products/services, such as information about the transaction, products/services details, purchase price, and the date and location/media of the transaction;
- If You choose to subscribe, receive, or otherwise participate in any Newsletters/Blogs (as defined above in this Section 1.1), We may collect from You, in addition to the above described Personal Information, additional information from and/or about You, such as additional demographic information or other information You may provide as part of Your participation in any such Newsletter/Blogs.
- If You choose to participate in any Contest/Sweepstakes (as defined above in this Section 1.1), We may collect from You, in addition to the above described Personal Information, additional information from and/or about You, such as additional information necessary to determine if you are eligible to participate in Contest/Sweepstakes or to otherwise facilitate the Contest/Sweepstakes.
- If You choose to participate in any Customer Surveys (as defined above in this Section 1.1), We may collect from You, in addition to the above described Personal Information, additional information from and/or about You, such Your purchase history, habits, and/or preferences or other information You may provide as part of Your response or feedback to the Customer Surveys.
1.2 INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED.
When a User accesses or otherwise uses the Company Website or any other Company Program, We may automatically collect certain Personal Information about You, including:
- Device Information. We (or Our Service Providers/Contractors as defined in Section 3 herein) may collect information about the computer, tablet, phone, or other device You use to access any of the Company Programs, including the Internet Protocol address, hardware models, operating system and version, mobile network information, and other unique device identifiers.
- Geo-location Data. Subject to any of Your device permissions, We (or Our Service Providers/Contractors as defined in Section 3 herein ) may be able to collect information about the precise location of Your device or may gather other general location data based on GPS data, mailing address, and/or billing address (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Geo-location Data”).
- Social Media Information. If any social media activities, offerings, or features, such as the Facebook “Like” button or similar social media interactive programs ( collectively, “Social Media Activities”), are made available to You through any of the Company’s Programs, and in addition to the collection of other Personal Information noted above, the following may apply:
- We may obtain and collect certain information from Your social media account consistent with Your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates, and friends list. We may also allow You to enter into contests to provide photos, such as of products/services You have purchased, which You may share with Your connections on social media for votes, shared offers, or other promotions.
- A third party that is hosting the Social Media Activities may also collect Your Internet Protocol address, which page You are visiting on Our Company Program, Your Geo-location Data, and other Personal Information about You, and may also set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- These Social Media Activities may be hosted by a third party or hosted directly on Our Company Program. Thus, Your interactions with these Social Media Activities may be governed by the privacy policies of the third party that is hosting the Social Media Activities (see Section 8 regarding Third Party Sites).
- ADDITIONAL SOURCES FROM WHOM OR WHERE WE MAY RECEIVE OR COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
In addition to the Personal Information provided by You as described in Section 1.1 and in addition to the collection of Personal Information as described in Section 1.2, the following are additional ways we may collect Personal Information about You or additional sources from which We may receive Personal Information about You:
- Between Affiliates. VSI, Inc, and the Vallarta Supermarkets (as such terms are defined above) are Affiliates (as such term is defined in Section 3 below) and these Affiliates may obtain or share Personal Information from or amongst each other.
- From Our Service Providers/Contractors. From Our Service Providers/Contractors, as such term is defined in Section 3 herein, including without limitation from Our Data Analytics Providers or from Our Third Party Application Providers, as such terms are defined in Section 3 herein.
- From Our Advertising Networks. From Our Advertising Networks, as such term is defined in Section 3 herein.
- From Distributors, Resellers, or Retailers. From any other distributors, resellers, or retailers that We work with or with whom We have a relationship.
- Security. Our Vallarta Supermarkets stores or facilities may use security cameras to monitor the activity of Our customers and/or staff. The information We collect includes video recordings. Audio is not recorded. The camera images are not monitored in real time. The recordings are viewed only if there is a reason to believe that there has been a breach of security. We use this information to detect security incidents and to report to law enforcement agencies.
- Employees. We may collect Personal Information in the context of Your role as an applicant to, an employee of, director of, or officer of, Our business. The Personal Information We collect in these cases may include name, Social Security number, address, date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, bank account and routing number, tax filing status, emergency contact information, telephone number, family member names, educational background, criminal background, employment history, medical provider information, dependent name(s), date of birth, gender and address, medical insurance provider, compensation and benefits data, workplace, and title. We only use this information for purposes of evaluating qualifications related to Your job application or Your job duties; evaluating Your performance; or for providing compensation, benefits, and services in the context of the employment relationship. The Personal Information described in this paragraph is the “Employee Data”.
- Individuals Representing Businesses. We may collect Personal Information in the context of Your role as a representative of a business. The Personal Information We collect in these cases may include name, address, email address, telephone, date of birth, gender, Social Security number, and personal financial information. We use this information for communicating with You in Your role as a representative of a business or if You are an owner of a business to evaluate Your creditworthiness. The Personal Information described in this paragraph is the “Biz Rep Data”.
- Other Sources From Which We Collect Personal Information. We may collect Personal Information about You from a number of sources in addition to those means of collection indicated above, including offline or through sources unrelated to Your use of our Company Website or other Company Programs, or at Our Vallarta Supermarkets (as defined above). For example, We may collect Personal Information from publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records); directly from a third party, (e.g., credit reporting agencies or customer due diligence providers); or from a third party with Your consent (e.g., your bank). We may merge or co-mingle that Personal Information with the Personal Information We maintain about You and other data collected on or through Our Company Website. Categories of sources from which We may collect Personal Information include: advertising networks; internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; operating systems and platforms; and social networks.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
2.1 PRIMARY WAYS WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. In addition to Section 1 above, a User’s Personal Information may be gathered, collected, recorded, held, processed, or otherwise used by or on behalf of the Company (including by Our service providers) to provide, maintain, and improve our Services to You, including for the following purposes:
- Process Your transactions with the Company, including without limitation: (i) fulfilling Your orders (including shipping if applicable), process exchanges and/or returns and send shipping notifications; (ii) scheduling any of Your appointments or meetings with the Company;
- Send support and administrative messages, and respond to Your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with You about products/services, offers, or any other events offered by Us and others, and/or to offer and provide You with news and information that the Company thinks will be of interest to You (if you prefer not to receive promotional communications from Us, you may opt-out at any time by following the “Communication Opt Out” instructions in Section 5.1 herein;
- Allowing You to sign up and participate in any other Company communication resources, including without limitation any Newsletters/Blogs, as defined in Section 1.1 herein (if you prefer not to continue to receive these other Company communications, You may “Opt Out” at any time by following the “Opt Out” instructions in Section 5.1 herein;
- To allow Us to monitor, analyze, and better understand the needs, preferences, and trends of the Company’s customers, You, and/or any other Users, including to monitor, analyze, and better understand trends, preferences, usage, and activities in connection with the Company’s products/services and the Company’s overall industry;
- To personalize Your experience and the advertisements and content You see when You use any Company Program based on Your preferences, interests, usage, and browsing and purchasing behavior;
- To conduct credit card screenings or to otherwise protect against fraud or unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users or hackers;
- For compliance purposes as may be required by applicable laws or regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency (including without limitation for Company’s tax reporting) or as may be requested under any subpoena or by any other Government Entities (as defined in Section 2.2 herein);
- To facilitate Your use of or participation in various Social Media Activities (as defined in Section 1.2 herein) or other integrated tools (including, for example only, certain Facebook features, such as a Facebook “Like” button) which You may use as part of any Social Media Activities;
- To facilitate any Contests/Sweepstakes (as defined in Section 1.1 herein);
- To carry out any Customer Surveys (as defined in Section 1.1 herein);
- Process Your Personal Information to evaluate Your application if You apply for a job; or
- To carry out any other purpose described to You at the time the Personal Information is collected.
2.2 OTHER WAYS WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION. In addition to the above, Your Personal Information may be gathered, collected, recorded, held, or otherwise used for the following additional purposes:
- Outside Professionals. To use with, or otherwise distribute, share, or disclose to, any of the Company’s professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, investment plan administrators, or insurance providers (collectively, “Outside Professionals”) in order to facilitate the professional advice from those Outside Professionals (See Section 3); or
- Government Entities. To use with, or otherwise distribute, share, or disclose to, any court, tax authorities, law enforcement authorities, other administrative agencies, other governmental agencies, or any other government entities (collectively, “Government Entities”) in order to comply with, or otherwise pursuant to, any subpoena, court order, or other governmental order, law, or regulation, or in order to respond to any request of any Government Entities, including without limitation tax reporting (See Section 3).
- Auditing. Auditing related to a current interaction with You, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Security. Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- Debugging. Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Transient Use. Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with Us provided that Your Personal Information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile about You or otherwise alter Your experience outside the current interaction with Us;
- Services. Performing services on Our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on Our behalf;
- Advertising. Providing advertising and marketing services to You.
- Research. Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Quality and Safety. Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of Our products and services and to improve, upgrade, or enhance Our products and services; and
- Commercial Interests. Advancing Our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing a person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
2.3 OTHER TERMS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
2.3.1 Subject to Section 1.4, the Company may also use or share Your Personal Information only for the purposes as described in this Section 2 and in Section 3 herein, unless We reasonably determine We need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose(s) described herein. For example, We consider de-identification, aggregation, and other forms of anonymization of Personal Information to be compatible with the purposes listed herein and in Your interest because the anonymization of such information reduces the likelihood of improper disclosure of that information. If We need to use Your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, We will notify You and We will explain the legal basis which allows Us to do so. If You wish to receive an explanation as to how the processing for a particular purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Us via the information specified in the Contact section below.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may distribute, share, or disclose Personal Information about You as follows or as otherwise described herein:
- Service Providers/Contractors. We may share, distribute, or disclose Your Personal Information to or with Our service providers or contractors that the Company retains in connection with the provision of the Company Programs or otherwise to help Us carry out and fulfill a business or commercial purpose for the Company, including without limitation the following types of service providers or contractors that We may engage (collectively,” Service Providers/Contractors”)
- Email, internet, or other telecommunication service providers, including website hosting;
- Cloud, other data storage, or other hosting service providers;
- Third party payment service providers, including without limitation third party credit card processors (see Third Party Application Providers below in this Section 3);
- Data analytics companies who assist Us with various types of data analytics, web analytics, and app analytics (see Data Analytics Providers and Data Analytics Tools or Services below in this Section 3);
- Third party delivery or shipping service providers;
- Other third party contractors or service provides We engage to assist Us in providing Our products/services;
- App design;
- Database management; and
- Third party advertising or marketing companies that We engage (see Advertising Networks below in this Section 3).
- Third Party Application Providers. If a third party application is used to support Our Company Programs, We may share or disclose Your Personal Information to such third party application providers, including without limitation third party credit card processors, other third party payment service providers, or intermediary services that assist in processing Your payments service provider (collectively ”Third Party Application Providers“).
- Advertising Networks. We may work with third party advertising companies, marketing companies, associations, or other advertising/marketing networks (collectively, “Advertising Networks”) in order to provide You or other parties with advertisements, marketing, or other information that We think may be of interest to You or to others. These Advertising Networks may set or access their own cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies on our Company Programs or they may otherwise collect or have access to data about You that they may collect over time and across different online services. These Advertising Networks may also provide Us with their own independent data about potential customers and such data could include data about You previously collected by the Advertising Networks.
- Aggregated Form. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise de-identified Personal Information available to third parties for various other purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Company Programs.
- Social Media Activities. The Company Programs may, now or in the future, offer certain Social Media Activities (as defined in Section 1.2 above), including without limitation certain sharing tools or other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let You share actions that You take on Our social media pages. Your use of such features enables the sharing of Personal Information with the public, depending on the settings You establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may disclose or share Your Personal Information with Our parent company, affiliates, or subsidiaries for any of the purposes described herein, including without limitation disclosing or sharing Personal Information amongst and between VSI, Inc. the Vallarta Supermarkets, as defined above (collectively, “Affiliates”).
- Company’s Outside Professionals. We may share or disclose Your Personal Information with any of the Company’s Outside Professionals (as defined in Section 2.2 herein) in order to facilitate the professional advice such Outside Professionals provide to the Company.
- Consent. We may also share or disclose Your Personal Information with Your permission.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may share, disclose, or otherwise transfer Your Personal Information to the Company’s Outside Professionals (as defined in Section 2.2 herein), other advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which We are acquired by or merged with another company or We sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of Our assets.
- Government Entities or as Otherwise Required By Law, Subpoena, or Similar Government Order. We may use, distribute, share, disclose, access, or preserve Your Personal Information if We believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with all laws or regulations, including any tax reporting requirements of the Company; (ii) comply with any other law enforcement requests or legal process or requirements of any Government Entities (as defined in Section 2.2 above), such as a court order or subpoena; (iv) comply with any other form of request from any Government Entities; (v) respond to Your requests; or (vi) protect Your, Our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WE MAY BE REQUIRED TO DISCLOSURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO: (I) TAXING AUTHORITIES AS PART OF OUR TAX REPORTING REQUIREMENTS; OR (II) LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES OR VIA SUBPOENA ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF ANY UNLAWFUL OR INFRINGING CONTENT WHILE USING ANY COMPANY PROGRAM.
- CHILDREN; COPPA NOTICE.
This Company Website and other Company Programs are not directed to children under the age of 13. We adhere to the U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA“) and will not knowingly register or otherwise collect any Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors under the age of 13 not submit any Personal Information to the Company. If You have reason to believe a child under the age of 13 has provided the Company with any Personal Information, please contact the Company at the following email address email@example.com and request that such information be deleted from Our records.
- CERTAIN ADDITIONAL CHOICES YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION.
5.1 OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE COMPANY.
5.2 OPT-OUTING OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING OR OPTING-OUT OF USE OF ANALYTICS TOOLS
5.2.1 BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING. Our Company Website or other Company Programs may use behavioral advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of Our Company Website or other Company Programs so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interests. That advertising may appear either on Our Company Website or other Company Program(s), or on other websites not operated by Us. If You do not want third parties to collect information about Your use of Our Company Website or other Company Program(s), You may be able to opt-out of such at the Digital Advertising Alliance (in the United States). PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING OUR COMPANY WEBSITE OR OTHER COMPANY PROGRAM(S). IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
5.3. DO NOT TRACK NOTICE.
Some browsers have a “DO NOT TRACK” feature that lets website users inform websites or other applications that they do not want to have their online activities tracked. These “do not track” features may also give website users other choices regarding the collection of their personal identifiable information. However, these “do not track” features and “do not track’ signals are not yet uniform. ACCORDINGLY, EACH USER OF THE COMPANY WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER COMPANY PROGRAM IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE COMPANY WEBSITE AND THE OTHER COMPANY PROGRAMS ARE NOT CURRENTLY SET UP TO RESPOND TO ANY OF THE USER’S “DO NOT TRACK” FEATURES OR “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS. This “DO NOT TRACK” notice is provided to Users at the recommendation of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and to residents of the State of California as required pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
5.4. GEO-LOCATION DATA.
You may be able to prevent Your device from sharing precise location information, including without limitation some or all of the Geo-Location Data described in Section 1.2 above, at any time through Your device’s operating system settings
5.5 COOKIES POLICY; HOW YOU CAN DISABLE COOKIES.
- Unfortunately, in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that You leave on all cookies if You are not sure whether You need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that You use.
- BY USING OUR COMPANY WEBSITE, YOU GIVE CONSENT FOR US TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THESE PROCESSORS, AND FOR THEM TO TRANSFER THIS INFORMATION ONWARD TO THEIR PARTNERS IN CONNECTION WITH PROVIDING YOU THE PRODUCTS/SERVICES.
5.5.3 Disabling Cookies. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on Your web browser (see, for example, Your browser Help for how to do this, including “Incognito” in Chrome, “In Private” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari, etc.). Be aware that disabling or deleting cookies in Your web browser: (i) will usually affect the functionality and/or usability of the Company Website, other Company Programs and/or other websites that You visit; and/or (ii) will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this Company Website or any other Company Programs.
5.5.4 The Cookies We May Set.
- Email newsletters related cookies: The Company Website or other Company Program may offer newsletters or other types of email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if You are already registered and whether to show certain notifications that might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies: The Company Website or other Company Programs may offer e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that Your order is remembered between pages so that We can process it properly.
- Contact or comment related cookies: When You submit any other data through the Company Website or other Company Program, certain contact or comment-related cookies may be set to remember Your user details for future correspondence or transactions.
- As noted in Section 3, the Company Website or other Company Program may engage Data Analytics Providers and/or use Data Analytics Tools or Services (including without limitation Google Analytics) that provides Us with widely-used analytics tools or services to help Us better understand how You and other Users are utilizing the Company Website or other Company Program in order to allow Us to improve Your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long You spend on the Company Website or other Company Program and the pages that You visit so We can continue to produce engaging content.
- Data Analytics Providers and/or use Data Analytics Tools or Services may also be used to track and measure usage of this Company Website or other Company Program so that We can continue to produce engaging content, help Us to understand how We can improve the Company Website or other Company Program site for You and and/or to give Us a better understanding of broader industry trends.
- From time to time, We test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the Company Website or other Company Programs are delivered. When We are testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that You receive a consistent experience while on the Company Website or other Company Program while ensuring We understand which optimizations the Users appreciate the most.
- As We promote our products or services, it’s important for Us to better understand statistics about how many of the visitors of the Company Website or other Company Programs actually make a purchase or which Company products or services the Users viewed the most and, thus, this is additional types of data that these cookies will track. We consider this to be important to You as it means that We can accurately make business predictions that allow Us to monitor our advertising and product/service costs to ensure the best possible services to all of the Users.
- Certain of Our Advertising Networks (as defined in Section 3 of this Policy) may advertise on Our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies allow Us to see if Our customers have come to the Company Website or other Company Programs through one of these Advertising Partner sites or sources.
- USER RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATING USER’S OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Users are solely responsible for correcting, updating, or modifying any and all of the User’s Personal Information as it appears in, and as otherwise stored or contained in, any Company Program. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, User acknowledges and agrees that the Company does not have an independent obligation to maintain the accuracy or completeness of any of Personal Information provided by the User to the Company, including such Personal Information once it is stored, described, or otherwise contained in the Company Website or in any other Company Program.
- LINKS TO, AND USE OF, THIRD PARTY SITES OR PROGRAMS.
The Company Website or other Company Programs may now or in the future provide links or other access to Internet websites, forums, or other programs that are not under the Company’s sole control and not solely owned by the Company (collectively referred to as “Third Party Sites”). If a User clicks on a link to, or otherwise gains access to, any such Third Party Site, the User will be transported to one of these Third Party Sites.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH USER AGREES THAT IF THE USER USES ANY THIRD PARTY SITES IN ANY WAY, THE USER IS AWARE THAT ANY OF THE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER PROVIDES TO THAT THIRD PARTY SITE MIGHT BE READ, COLLECTED, SHARED, DISTRIBUTED, OR OTHERWISE USED BY OTHER USERS OF THAT THIRD PARTY SITE OR BY ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES, AND COULD BE USED TO SEND THE USER UNSOLICITED MESSAGES. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER ELECTS TO SUBMIT IN, OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE TO, THESE THIRD PARTY SITES.
Any link to any Third Party Site from the Company Website or any other Company Program does not imply any endorsement of the privacy practices of such Third Party Site by the Company, and no such Third Party Site is authorized to make any representation or warranty on Our behalf.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We make efforts to protect Your Personal Information from improper or unauthorized loss, misuse, access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. If you have questions about the security of Your Personal Information, contact the Company at the email or regular mailing address specified in the Contact Use section below.
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain Your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which We collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, We consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of Your Personal Information, the purposes for which We process Your Personal Information, whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- ADDITIONAL NOTICES AND DISCLOSURES TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
- CONTACT US.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE
Effective Date: March 29, 2023
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively, the “CCPA”), if you are a resident of California you have the following rights with respect to Your Personal Information.
1.1 Right to Know About Our Collection, Disclosure, Sharing and Sale of Personal Information about You.
Personal Information as defined in the CCPA is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you, including the following categories of information: (a) identifiers; (b) categories described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e); (c) characteristics of protected classes; (d) commercial information; (e) biometric information; (f) internet or other electronic network activity; (g) geolocation data; (h) audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information; (i) professional or employment related information; (j) education information; and (k) inferences drawn from such information to create a consumer profile.
You have the right to know the categories of Personal Information We have collected about You; the categories of sources from which We collect Personal Information; Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, disclosing, sharing or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties to whom We disclose, share, or sell Personal Information, if any; and the specific pieces of Personal Information We have collected about You. Personal information includes “sensitive” Personal Information as described below.
1.2 Right to Know About Our Collection, Disclosure, Sharing and Sale of “Sensitive” Personal Information about You.
“Sensitive” Personal Information as defined in the CCPA is Personal Information that reveals: (a) your Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (b) Your account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (c) Your precise geolocation; (d) Your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (e) the contents of Your mail, email, and text messages unless We are the intended recipient of the communication; and (f) Your genetic data. “Sensitive” Personal Information also includes biometric information that is processed for the purpose of identifying You, information that is collected and analyzed concerning Your health; or Your sex life or sexual orientation.
You have the right to know the categories of “sensitive” personal information We have collected about You, the categories of sources from which We collect personal information, Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing “sensitive” Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom We sell or share “sensitive” Personal Information, if any, and the specific pieces of “sensitive” Personal Information We have collected about You.
1.3 Right to Delete Your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions set out below, and upon your submission of a verifiable request, You have the right to deletion of Your Personal Information from Our records, and to have Us direct Our Service Providers/Contractors and third parties to delete Your Personal Information from their records.
We are not required to, and reserve Our right to not delete Your Personal Information if it is necessary to: (i) complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by You, or reasonably anticipated within the context of Our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform a contract between You and Us; (ii) help to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes; (iii) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code; (vi) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided We have obtained Your informed consent; (vii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with Your expectations based on Your relationship with Us and compatible with the context in which you provided the information; and (viii) comply with a legal obligation.
1.4 Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information.
Subject to the exceptions set out below, and upon Your submission of a verifiable request, You have the right to correct any inaccurate Personal Information in Our records, and to have Us direct Our Service Providers/Contractors and third parties to correct any inaccurate Personal Information from their records.
If We cannot verify Your identity pursuant to the CCPA and its regulations, We may deny a request to correct. In such event, We shall inform You that Your identity cannot be verified.
In determining the accuracy of the Personal Information that is the subject of Your request to correct, We shall consider the totality of the circumstances relating to the contested Personal Information. We may deny Your request to correct if We determine that the contested Personal Information is more likely than not accurate based on the totality of the circumstances.
1.5 Right to Be Free from Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against by Us because You exercised any of Your rights under the CCPA. This means We cannot, on the basis of the exercise of Your rights thereunder, among other things, deny goods or services to You, charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; provide a different level or quality of goods or services to You; or suggest that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services or retaliate against You as an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor.
1.6 Right to Opt-Out of the Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose Your Personal Information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (“Share” or “Sharing”). This means the targeting of advertising to You based on Your Personal Information that We obtain from Your activity across businesses, distinctly-branded websites, applications, or services, other than Our business, distinctly-branded website, application, or service. We may Share Personal Information with advertising networks so they may help Us to deliver advertisements to You based on Your activity on Our website or apps and/or Your activity on other websites or apps.
You have the right to opt-out of the Sharing of Your Personal Information and You may exercise Your right by clicking the following link: California Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. If You exercise Your right to opt-out of the Sharing of Your Personal Information, We will refrain from Sharing Your Personal Information, unless You subsequently provide express authorization for the sharing of Your Personal Information.
1.7 Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
We may disclose Your Personal Information to third parties in exchange for monetary or other consideration. Such disclosures are considered to be “Sales” under the CCPA. We may Sell Personal Information to advertising networks so they may help Us to deliver advertisements to You based on Your activity on the Company Website or Company Programs and/or to recommend Our services/products to You based on Your activity on other websites or apps. You have the right to opt-out of the Sale of Your Personal Information and You may exercise Your right by clicking on the following link: California Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. If You exercise Your right to opt-out of the Sale of Your Personal Information, We will refrain from Selling Your Personal Information, unless You subsequently provide express authorization for the Sale of Your Personal Information.
1.8 Right to Limit the Use of “Sensitive” Personal Information
We use Your “sensitive” Personal Information only to the extent that it is necessary to provide Our services/products as reasonably expected by You. If We were to use Your “sensitive” Personal Information other than is necessary to provide Our services/products, You would have the right to limit Our use of Your “sensitive” Personal Information to that which is necessary to provide Our goods and services to You.
1.9 Right of Children to Opt-In to the Sale of Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization. For minors who wish to opt-in to the sale of their Personal Information, We have established the following processes:
Minors between 13 and 16 years of age:
In the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, We require the consumer to affirmatively authorize the sale of the consumer’s Personal Information. In order to opt-in minors in this age range, as part of the account registration process for Our products which may be targeted toward minors, We require the consumer or consumer’s parent or guardian to verify the consumer’s identity by providing at least two data points with data points maintained by the business, which We have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying the consumer.
Minors under 13 years of age:
In the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, We require the consumer’s parent to affirmatively authorize the sale of the consumer’s personal information. In order to opt-in minors in this age range, as part of the account registration process for Our products which may be targeted toward minors, We require that the consumer’s parent or guardian verify the consumer’s identity, which We have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying the consumer.
We reserve the right to require additional information or not complete Your request if We cannot verify Your identity. If You are a parent or guardian seeking to opt-out on behalf of their child, please contact Us at our toll-free telephone number 855-246-7453 or email Us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Minor Opt-Out.”
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CCPA RIGHTS
Unless otherwise specified, to exercise any of Your rights described in this Appendix A, please submit Your request to Us: (i) at our toll free telephone number at 855-246-7453 or at the following email email@example.com with the subject “CCPA Consumer Request”.
When submitting or communicating your request to Us, and in order to assist us in addressing Your request, We ask that You provide (in addition to any other information We may reasonable request) the name of the Vallarta Supermarket from whom you purchased any of Our products/services.
In order to verify Your request, We will need You to provide Us with enough information to identify You (e.g., Your full name, address, and customer or matter reference number), proof of Your identity and address (e.g., a copy of Your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and a description of what right You wish to exercise along with any information to which Your request relates. If feasible, We will match the identifying information provided by You with the Personal Information that We already maintain about You.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on Your behalf. In order to fulfill Your request to know or delete submitted by an authorized agent, You must provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and We may require that You verify Your own identity with Us directly.
We reserve Our right not to grant a consumer request if We cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom We have collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. You may only make a request to access or receive copies of Personal Information twice within a 12-month period. Any Personal Information We collect from You to verify Your identity in connection with Your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
- OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
A description of the Personal Information that We collect online and off-line is provided in Section 1 of the main Policy. The purposes for which We collect and use Personal Information are described in Sections 1, 2, and 3 of the main Policy. Sources from which We receive Personal Information are described in Section 1 of the main Policy. Our Personal Information disclosure practices are described in Section 1, 2, 3, and 5 of the main Policy. Our Personal Information retention practices are described in Section 10 of the main Policy.
3.1 Categories of Personal Information Collected; Sold or Shared for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising; and Disclosed for a Business Purpose within the past 12 months.
|Category of Personal Information
|Sold or Shared in the Past 12 Months?
|Categories of Third Parties to Whom Sold or Shared
|Disclosed for a Business Purpose in Past 12 Months?
|Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed
|Advertising Networks; Data Analytics Providers
|Service Providers /Contractors
|Categories Described in California Consumer Records Act, Civil Code §1798.81.5
|Advertising Networks; Data Analytics Providers
|Service Providers /Contractors
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
|Service Providers /Contractors
|Advertising Networks; Data Analytics Providers
|Service Providers /Contractors
Affiliates; Outside Professionals
|Internet or other electronic network activity.
|Advertising Networks; Data Analytics Providers
|Service Providers /Contractors; Affiliates
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Service Providers /Contractors; Affiliates
|Professional or employment-related information.
|Service Providers /Contractors;
Affiliates; Outside Professionals; Affiliates
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above.
3.2 Categories of “Sensitive” Personal Information Collected; Sold or Shared for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising; and Disclosed for a Business Purpose within the past 12 months.
|Category of Sensitive Personal Information
|Shared or Sold in the Past 12 Months?
|Categories of Third Parties to Whom Shared or Sold
|Disclosed for a Business Purpose in Past 12 Months?
|Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed
|Social Security, Driver’s License,
State ID, Passport Number.
|Government Entities; Outside Professionals; Service Providers/ Contractors; Affiliates
|Account Log-in and Password
|Financial Account, Debit Card, Credit Card Number and account access information.
|Service Providers/ Contractors; Affiliates
|Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs or union membership.
|Contents of e-mail, text messages unless we are intended recipient.
|Biometric Information for purpose of identification.
|Health information collected and analyzed.
|Sex life or sexual orientation collected and analyzed.
- OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
4.1 Shine the Light Request.
Individual consumers who reside in California and have provided Us with their Personal Information may request information about Our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must include Your name, street address, city, state, and zip code, and be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: at the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “California Shine The Light Request” or to VSI, Inc., 12881 Bradley Avenue, Sylmar, CA 91332, attention: President. Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, We will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve Our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
4.2 Minor’s Right to Remove Posted Content.
If You are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered User of any website where this Policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits You to request and obtain removal of content or information that You have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the following email address, email@example.com, with the subject “Privacy Rights for Minors.” Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information You have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.