Notice to California Residents Regarding Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
EXPLANATION OF RIGHT OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
If you are a California resident (“California Consumer” or “you” or “your”), you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) (collectively, “CCPA/CPRA”). This right is known in the CCPA/CPRA as a California Resident’s “right to opt-out of the sale or sharing.”
Under the CCPA/CPRA: (i) “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,’’ means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating” any personal information to a third party “for monetary or other valuable consideration”; and (ii) “share,” “shared,” or “sharing” means “sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating” any personal information a third party“ for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, including transactions between a business and a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising for the benefit of a business in which no money is exchanged”.
WAYS WE MAY “SELL” OR “SHARE” PERSONAL INFORMATION OF A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
For purposes of this notice, VSI, Inc., a California corporation (“VSI, Inc.”) and VSI, Inc.’s licensees and/or affiliates that operate any of the Vallarta Supermarkets stores (the “Vallarta Supermarkets”)are collectively referred to as the “Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”. While we do not “sell” or “share” your personal information in direct exchange for monetary consideration, we may, in some instances, be deemed to “sell” or “share” (as defined under the CCPA/CPRA) a California Resident’s personal information as a result of one or more of the following activities:
- VSI, Inc. and the Vallarta Supermarkets (as such terms are defined above) are affiliated entities (collectively referred to as “Affiliates”) and personal information may be distributed between or amongst the Affiliates for the following activities:
- To allow us to provide you with the products/services you have requested from us, or to otherwise complete the transactions for which the personal information was collected by us. Please note that if you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of personal information between our Affiliates, it could impact our operational ability to provide you with some or all of our products/services that you have requested from us; and
- To assist us in creating marketing profiles, gathering market or industry analysis, delivering targeted advertisements, or otherwise promoting our business.
- We may use analytics tools or services provided by a third party data analytics service provider (”Data Analytics Providers“) or we may use one of their tools, such as, but not limited to Google Analytics (“Data Analytics Tools or Services”). These Data Analytics Providers and/or Data Analytics Tools or Services may collect certain personal information in order to assist us in creating marketing profiles, gathering market or industry analysis, delivering targeted advertisements, or otherwise promoting the business of the Company.
- We may hire or work with 3rd party advertising companies or marketing companies (“Advertising Network”) and share with our Advertising Network the following types of personal information: (a) identifiers; (b) Internet network activity information; (iii) commercial information; and/or (iv) inferences drawn from the categories described above. Our Advertising Network may use this personal information to assist us in providing you or other parties with advertisements, marketing, or other information that we think may be of interest to you or to others.
We, however, do not “sell” or “share” personal information of a California Consumer if we have actual knowledge that the California Consumer is less than 16 years of age, unless (in accordance with the CCPA/CPRA) the California Consumer, in the case of consumers at least 13 years of age and less than 16 years of age, or the consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the sale or sharing of the California Consumer’s personal information.
HOW CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS EXERCISE RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A California Consumer can opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information by submitting their request to that effect to the Company by using either of the following methods:
- By calling the Company tool free at 855-246-7453.
- By emailing the Company at email@example.com with the subject “CCPA Consumer Request”.
When submitting or communicating your request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, and in order to assist us in addressing your request, we ask that you provide (in addition to any other information we may reasonable request) the name of the Vallarta Supermarket from whom you purchased any of our products/services.
After submitting or communicating your request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, the Company has the right to send a follow up communication to you in order to: (i) have you verify your identity; and (ii) otherwise verify the authenticity of the request and its applicability to the CCPA/CPRA. It is important that you provide a valid email address in order for us to be able to verify and process your request. We cannot respond to, process, or complete your request if: (i) you do not follow the instructions provided in any such follow-up communication(s); or (ii) we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request or confirm that the personal information relates to you.