Chicken Tinga Tacos
Time: 40 min
⁃ 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor or 1 Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube, crumbled
⁃ 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
⁃ 2 tsp. PLUS 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
⁃ 1/2 cup water
⁃ 1 cup chopped white onion
⁃ 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
⁃ 1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
⁃ 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
⁃ 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
⁃ 20 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
⁃ 1 cup uncooked brown rice
⁃ 2 1/2 cups water
⁃ 6 cups mixed salad greens
⁃ 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
⁃ 6 Tbsp. olive oil
⁃ 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Start by cooking the brown rice in water according to package directions. Meanwhile, begin to prepare your tacos. Sprinkle Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor over chicken breasts, rubbing into chicken to coat.
2. Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour water into skillet; cover, reduce heat and simmer, turning chicken once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, 8 to 10 minutes for small breasts, 10 to 12 minutes for larger breasts.
3. Remove chicken to plate; refrigerate until cool enough to handle. Pour cooking liquid into bowl and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over high heat and cook onion stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in chile powder, garlic and reserved cooking liquid and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile shred chicken.
6. Stir chicken and any juices into skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick and chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
7. Have your family build their own tacos. Start by stacking 2 tortillas topped with chicken, and, if desired, taco toppings of your choice.
8. Finally, toss the salad greens, tomato wedges and oil and vinegar in a salad bowl.
9. Serve tacos with salad and rice.