Kitchen Cashier $16.00/hr-$19.00/hr
California Minimum Wage is $15.50/hr effective 1/1/2023
Some Cities have higher Minimum Wages (LA City currently is $16.04/hr)
assist customer cashier transactions at the kitchen hot food area
• Operate cash till, balancing the till at the end of your shift.
• Greet all customers in a friendly manner.
• Complete all sales transactions: Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, WIC, and Food Stamps.
• Cash checks in accordance with policy.
• Bag merchandise after sales transaction is completed and paid for.
• Thank customers for their patronage.
• Maintain a clean workstation.
• Walk produce department daily.
• Know weekly specials.
• Sign in and out for breaks.
• Scan items per minute within policy.
• Follow the cash irregularities policy.
• Follow dress/uniform policy.
• Must pass Produce Code Test.
• Must pass WIC Grocery Test.
• Must follow ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) regulations, ask for identification for any individual who appears to be under the age of 35.
• Must ask for identification for any individual who appears to be under the age of 21 when purchasing cigarettes.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Place bags/product onto shopping cart
• Push/pull between 30 lbs up to 50 lbs (items on to shopping cart)
• Bend/Stoop pick up and or place product below waist level (when placing items in shopping cart)
• Place product onto shelfs and position for sale
• Grasp/Grip product to place in shopping bags.
• Constant sweeping/pushing broom to pick up debris to keep work area clean
• Reaching above shoulder level to placement items into shopping bags.
Non-essential Job Duties:
• Climb ladders to retrieve product on top shelf.