Visit our hiring events located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406 for your chance to join the growing Vallarta Supermarkets team!
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and career advancement opportunities. Join our winning team today!
Current hiring event dates:
All events are from 9 AM – 2 PM and are located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406
Thursday, April 7
Tuesday, April 12
Thursday, April 14
Friday, April 15
Monday, April 18
Tuesday, April 19
3rd Grocery Mgr
• Greet all customers in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers locating items when needed. Walk the customer to the item location, do not just tell them which aisle.
• Thank customers for their patronage.
• Maintain appearance of all sales floor area, excluding produce and meat departments. Aisles faced, full displays and sidestacks.
• Control ordering for Grocery, Dairy, Deli, Frozen and Non-foods. Communicate with the Buyer for any pre-ordered products.
• Maintain an accurate sales/purchase program.
• Control the hold down file and price exception reports.
• Maintain control of all spoils (UWG and DSD). This is to be done with Receiver.
• Supervise Receiver for conditions of warehouse. Warehouse is to be kept clean, neat, orderly, and spoil-free; excluding current spoils.
• Turn in invoice totals and credits daily to Store Manager.
• Complete weekly schedule for grocery department (Grocery, Dairy, Deli, Frozen, Non-foods, and Receiving Clerks).
• Supervise and train all grocery department employees, including safety.
• Discipline (including warnings and terminations) and encourage grocery department employees.
• Maintain dress code for all Clerks.
• Make sure employees are present and on time.
• And all other assigned job duties.
• Must obey all State and Federal guidelines regarding health and safety policies.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Place boxes/product onto dolly or cart
• Push/pull between 30 lbs up to 200 lbs (items on cart/dolly)
• Bend/Stoop pick up and or place product below waist level (including shelves and racks)
• Place product onto shelves and position for sale
• Grasp/Grip product to prepare for sales by either placing or cleaning product
• Keep work area clean
• Reaching above shoulder level (product on shelving/racks )
• Place debris/trash/recycle cardboard in respective areas.