Visit our hiring events located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406 for your chance to join the growing Vallarta Supermarkets team!
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and career advancement opportunities. Join our winning team today!
Current hiring event dates:
All events are from 9 AM – 2 PM and are located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406
Thursday, April 7
Tuesday, April 12
Thursday, April 14
Friday, April 15
Monday, April 18
Tuesday, April 19
3rd Meat Mgr
• Greet all customers in a friendly manner.
• Thank customers for their patronage.
• Place orders with vendors daily.
• Turn in invoice totals and credits daily to Store Manager.
• Complete weekly schedule for Meat department.
• Supervise and train all meat department employees, including safety.
• Discipline (including warnings and terminations) and encourage meat department employees.
• Make sure sweep sheets are maintained every thirty minutes.
• Control all credits with supplies. (signed credit memos)
• Maintain proper pricing on signs and scales. Set retail prices.
• Maintain proper gross profit margins as set forth by company standards.
• Maintain appearance and quality of meat department. Maintain clean, rotated, and full meat cases.
• Maintain a proper product selection.
• Maintain a clean, rotated, organized backroom and cooler at all times.
• Make sure all equipment is in working order and cleaned daily. Advise Store Manager of any malfunctioning equipment and place a service call immediately.
• Advise Store Manager of any meat department employee in violation of company policy.
• Do weekly inventory and department sales/gross profit report.
• Maintain dress code for all clerks.
• Make sure employees are present and on time.
• And all other assigned job duties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Place boxes/product onto dolly or cart
• Push/pull between 30 lbs up to 200 lbs (items on cart/dolly)
• Bend/Stoop pick up and or place product below waist level (including shelves and racks)
• Place product onto bins and position for sale
• Grasp/Grip product to prepare for sales floor by either cutting or cleaning product
• Constant sweeping/pushing broom to pick up debris to keep work area clean
• Place and remove product from Meat cooler (including shelving and produce bins)
• Reaching above shoulder level (Meat placement on sales floor plus shelving/rack system in Meat warehouse areas)
• Place debris/trash/recycle cardboard in respective areas
• Will clean and maintain meat tables and bins
Non-essential Job Duties:
• Climb ladders to retrieve product on top shelf/meat cooler
• Must obey all State and Federal guidelines regarding meat processing and safety policies.
• Must wear latex gloves when serving customers.
• Must wear safety glove when cleaning the meat-slicer machine.
• Wear proper headwear: hat, hairnet, etc.
• Wash hands frequently with hot water from elbows down for not less than 20 seconds.
Items on Meat Manager list:
• Maintain an accurate sales/purchase program.
• Control the hold down file and price exception reports.