For Payroll: Support all aspects of payroll processing for pay and information record for the Vallarta entities including store, VSI, VWT and RPI personnel, ensuring team member records are accurate in every transaction that affects their personnel record for their assigned working group.
For Audits: Conduct root cause analysis to identify data entry discrepancies and systemic problems/ issues for their assigned group to audit. A payroll auditor will inspect a sample of the approval documents and reports for completeness, document results of audit and present results to Assistant Payroll Supervisor. Record all discrepancies and escalate to Payroll Supervisor for coaching and routine re-training as needed.
This individual will escalate when issues arise and continuously look for improvements in operational processes and helps implement approved workable solutions to resolve business issues or problems. They will also create effective internal/external customer relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds solid relationships following the Vallarta Core Values.
Monitors and evaluates payroll processor’s adherence to department policies/procedures on the basis of inspection of records and observation of performance.
Independently performs audits and assigned tasks to a high degree of proficiency.
Assembles audit results in a well-documented manner to support conclusions and recommendations
Maintains record of errors on spreadsheet format.
Audit full cycle payroll processed by all team members.
Process full cycle payroll on a weekly basis for stores, VWT, VSI and RPI entities including benefit deductions and garnishments.
Print, fold and distribute payroll checks and direct deposit vouchers for assigned working group.
Assists with all internal/external annual audits, for example 401(k).
Can be a key contributor to the payroll projects.
Ability to adjust own and work group schedules to ensure appropriate coverage to established timelines.
Escalate potential issues to Assistant Payroll Supervisor and/or Payroll Supervisor. Provide own input for resolution for a valuable discussion.
Analyze issues, help determine root cause and implement workable solutions to avoid repetitive issues.
Assist with training team members on new or enhanced operation procedures, as requested.
Help identify “Best Practices” process improvement options and then help define standards for new processes.
Cover for any team member in back-up role for vacation and/or to meet processing deadlines.
Provide valuable input to team meetings as requested.
Proposes new ideas and solutions, makes recommendations to wards efficient processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- At least 5 years of full cycle payroll experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- FCP or CPP certifications a plus but not required.
- Experience with in-house payroll systems, like MAS200, SAGE HRMS including Kronos preferred.
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as a member of the team.
- Help organize work activities for other members of that team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, follow through to resolve any outstanding issues and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; appropriately communicating with all levels of the organization from store level personnel to Senior and Executive Leadership.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and adapt to changing environment.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.