3rd Assist Bakery Mgr (VFE)
Title: 3rd Assistant Bakery Manager
3rd Assistant Bakery Manager is responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager in planning, directing, and managing the operations and performance of the bakery department. Responsible for effectively merchandising product by keeping product fresh and presentable, and rotating and replenishing displays. Ensures that products are properly stored, and temperatures meet requirements according to Health Department Regulations. Prepares and bakes products with consistency in quality, appearance, and weight according to company guidelines. Responsible for smiling and greeting all customers while delivering extraordinary customer service and responds to customers’ requests, to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Must be able to bake various baked goods (Mexican, Central American, and American)
- Must be able to perform mathematical operations related to job functions
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
- Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Must have 3 years of baking experience or 1 year of bakery management.
- Basic operational use of standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printer/fax, etc.)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice to Applicants
- This notice explains to you, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), how Vallarta Supermarkets (“Vallarta,” “the Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) may collect your information in relation to your application for employment and potential employment with us.
- For purposes of this notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household, or as otherwise defined under the CCPA.
- “Personal Information” does not include certain information, including publicly available information lawfully made available from government records, deidentified or aggregate information, or other information excepted under the CCPA.
- Information We Collect about Applicants
- We need you to provide certain information in order for you to complete your application for employment with Vallarta. The following provides the categories of Personal Information we may collect about applicants as part of the application process, and/or our employees if ultimately hired.
- Personal Identifiers. We may collect your name, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number or other government identification number (including U.S. work authorization number), Social Security information, residence/postal address, email address(es), phone number(s), and other contact information during the application and recruitment process. We may collect your emergency contact information as well. If you are hired, we may collect additional personal identifiers about you to facilitate the employment relationship.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal law. We may collect your age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, sex/gender, and marital status.
- Biometric Information. We may collect your fingerprints to facilitate the employment relationship, if you are hired.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information. Depending on your role/duties with Vallarta, we may collect information regarding your criminal history, driving history, and credit history as part of our employment background check. We also collect information regarding your professional and employment history and other qualifications you provide in your employment application, including references, skills/abilities, employment goals and expectations, and other related information (if you choose to provide them).
- Education Information. We collect information regarding your professional and education history to the extent provided in your resume/application.
- Thermal or other Health-Related Information. If you apply in-person or come to our store(s) as part of the application process, we may need to take your temperature or other similar information as part of our health protection policies. However, this information is not retained.
- Inferences. We gather information about your employment history with Vallarta, such as the company location/facility to which you are assigned, position and description of duties, fulltime and part-time status, pay rate, as well as descriptions about your job performance and skills. We may also draw other inferences such as your characteristics, job preferences, personal hobbies, activities, foreign language capabilities, other abilities and the like.
- Purposes for Collection of Your Personal Information
- We use the above categories of personal information for the following business purpose(s):
- To make recruitment and employment decisions, including assessing your application and qualifications for employment with us.
- To conduct and verify background checks (where applicable).
- If hired, to facilitate onboarding, payroll, benefit, and leave of absence administration
- For security purposes.
- To obtain and/or maintain insurance policies and coverage.
- To comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- To manage workers’ compensation claims and conduct workplace investigations.
- Third-Party Collection of Personal Information
- The Company may use third-party vendors, such as Snag-a-Job, to facilitate the application process for applicants. In this process, these third parties may collect an applicant’s personal information and provide it to us for employment decisions.
- Additional CCPA Disclosures
- At this time, the CCPA does not afford applicants or employees the right to make requests regarding their Personal Information as it relates to the application and/or employment relationship. This does not affect other rights you may have under other laws.
- Further, nothing in this notice restricts Vallarta’s rights or ability to:
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Meet any other legal obligation, including complying with lawful inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other requirements of applicable lawful authorities.
- Exercise its legal rights and defend claims.
- Report potentially unlawful activity to appropriate law enforcement and cooperate in any resulting investigation.
- Detect and respond to unauthorized activity and security incidents.
- Protect against and report potential illegal activity and/or fraud; or
- Provide information to our service providers in relation to the above listed purposes, or transfer information as part of a merger, acquisition, or other transfer of some or all of our business to another party.
- Contact Us
- For more information or any questions about this notice , please contact Human Resources, at 818-898-0088.