Meat Dispatcher -White Helmet $16.50/hr-$18.00/hr
California Minimum Wage is $15.50/hr effective 1/1/2023
Some Cities have higher Minimum Wages (LA City currently is $16.04/hr)
• Greet all customers in a friendly manner.
• Check temperatures frequently in the meat cases and make sure they are at proper levels.
• Assist customers with meat purchases.
• Place meat orders on weigh scale and print out the correct pricing for the purchase.
• Thank customers for their patronage.
• Maintain a clean workstation.
• For employee purchases, must place meat purchase in clear plastic bags, do not wrap meat in paper.
• And all other assigned job duties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Place boxes/product onto dolly or cart
• Push/pull between 30 lbs up to 200 lbs (items on cart/dolly)
• Bend/Stoop pick up and or place product below waist level (including shelves and racks)
• Place product onto bins and position for sale
• Grasp/Grip product to prepare for sales floor by either cutting or cleaning product
• Constant sweeping/pushing broom to pick up debris to keep work area clean
• Place and remove product from Meat cooler (including shelving and produce bins)
• Reaching above shoulder level (Meat placement on sales floor plus shelving/rack system in Meat warehouse areas)
• Place debris/trash/recycle cardboard in respective areas
• Will clean and maintain meat tables and bins
Non-essential Job Duties:
• Climb ladders to retrieve product on top shelf/meat cooler
• Must obey all State and Federal guidelines regarding meat processing and safety policies.
• Must wear latex gloves when serving customers.
• Must wear safety glove when cleaning the meat-slicer machine.
• Wear proper headwear: hat, hairnet, etc.
• Wash hands frequently with hot water from elbows down for not less than 20 seconds.