Visit our hiring events located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406 for your chance to join the growing Vallarta Supermarkets team!
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and career advancement opportunities. Join our winning team today!
Current hiring event dates:
All events are from 9 AM – 2 PM and are located at 16107 Victory Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406
Thursday, April 7
Tuesday, April 12
Thursday, April 14
Friday, April 15
Monday, April 18
Tuesday, April 19
3rd BU Scanner
• Maintain accurate pricing for all departments at cash registers (verify entire store on a rotational basis) All items must scan, and at the correct price.
• Maintain current, clean, accurate, retail shelf labels for entire store (handwritten tags or temporary tags are not acceptable).
• Maintain clean accurate side stack and display signs at all times (all displays must have signs with current retail prices).
• Change advertised specials on a weekly basis (New ad starts 7:00am Wednesday, previous ad ends Tuesday at closing time). Previous and new ad specials are to be completely changed by 7:00am Wednesday, including display signs.
• Maintain hold down file, which is to be down weekly with the Store Manager and Department Managers.
• Do weekly scan audits. Work on all reports (Exception unauthorized, etc.)
• Check competition prices (Comparison list).
• Provide store sales information for Department Managers, Store Manager, and General Manager.
• Maintain and order office supplies (register tape, tape ribbons, machine parts, etc.) for the Front End.
• Maintain the Front End equipment (spare parts and operating correctly).
• Report to the Grocery Manager, Buyer, Front End, and General Manager for any miscellaneous duties.
• And all other assigned job duties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Constant Bend/Stoop pick up and or replace/change tags below waist level (including shelves, displays, racks, and bins)
• Grasp/Grip scan gun to prepare items for sales floor by either scanning and replacing tags for price verification.
• Place and remove tags from shelves (including displays and bins)
• Reaching above shoulder level (tag placement on sales floor plus shelving/rack or displays on sales floor.
• Will maintain and clean desk, and shelves tag area clean.
Non-essential Job Duties:
Climb ladders to retrieve product on top shelves.