Baker (FT) (MFE)
Baker is responsible for preparing dough, batters, and mixtures for various breads, cakes, and pastry products according to Vallarta Supermarket recipes and/or authorized by department supervisor. Responsible for safely and efficiently preparing and baking cakes, pastries and specialty bakery goods, including those found in Mexico, Central America, and other regions. Also responsible for smiling and greeting all customers while delivering extraordinary customer service and responds to customers’ requests, to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Must be able to bake various baked goods (Mexican, Central American, and American)
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
- Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Must have 3 years of baking experience.
- Basic understanding of English language; reading, writing and speaking.
- Basic understanding of Spanish language; reading, writing and speaking, a plus but not required.