3rd Assist Bakery Mgr (VFE)
3rd Assistant Bakery Manager is responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager in planning, directing, and managing the operations and performance of the bakery department. Responsible for effectively merchandising product by keeping product fresh and presentable, and rotating and replenishing displays. Ensures that products are properly stored, and temperatures meet requirements according to Health Department Regulations. Prepares and bakes products with consistency in quality, appearance, and weight according to company guidelines. Responsible for smiling and greeting all customers while delivering extraordinary customer service and responds to customers’ requests, to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Must be able to bake various baked goods (Mexican, Central American, and American)
- Must be able to perform mathematical operations related to job functions
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
- Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Must have 3 years of baking experience or 1 year of bakery management.
- Basic operational use of standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printer/fax, etc.)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Basic understanding of English language; reading, writing and speaking.
- Basic understanding of Spanish language; reading, writing and speaking, a plus but not required.